Friday, July 29, 2011

YAY! WiP has begun and other random thoughts...

"Killing gets in your blood. Once you have done it a few times, it becomes second nature to you."
I have started my first draft of the story that I want to tell. I wrote almost 500 words today and am psyched that I have started it. I thought about it, let it rattle around in my brain for weeks, and mulled it over for days and now it is time to put up or shut up with it. I got tired of just thinking about it and talking about it and posting on forums about it and decided to just go head and start WRITING it! 
DAMN! It feels kind of liberating! It is like I now have something to look forward to every day. It give me a purpose. LOL. My only hope is that one day, I will actually see it in PRINT!
Speaking of seeing it in Print, I was reading JA Konrath's Blog last night, and he seems to think that the printed book is about to go the way of the Dodo. He thinks that books are going to be strictly on the Kindle and other e-readers before we know it. This will probably just piss me off, simply because I like to hold a book, flip the pages, smell the ink. I will never be able to do that with the Kindle. 
Now, don't get me wrong...I think the Kindle is an awesome invention, and I think it has its role in reading, but I just don't want it to take over. I LOVE going to a bookstore and looking through the books to pick out what I may like to read. I LOVE that. I simply can not do that with the Kindle.
More later, guys!

No comments: